Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Yum yum house fun Ꭷ,Ꭷ

We made graham cracker houses this year and boy was it so fun ! Even Daddy got in on the family fun ❤️ ! I didn't find the time to make actual gingerbread houses, which I've never done before anyway, but making the houses out of graham crackers was just as great 😊 & with less disappointment that could be there, if an oopsie daisy were to happen. It was extra great because I could use all the little extra cut off pieces and make each house a little different from each other structurally too.
We made our own little village 🎄💚❄️⛄️ Even the 23 month old got to join in, although she ate so much candy she was bouncing off the walls the rest of the night! She actually did 'get it' at first too, putting candy in the icing on the roof, but then got all sugar silly and more occupied with the candy and goofing. ; ) You can't do something like this and not expect a big sweep pile at the end! That's just part of the fun 💗 !  I was looking at other blogs trying to decide if I should do royal icing, hot glue, or even burnt sugar. I was mostly concerned because I knew they would have to hold strong to stand up to a 5,3, & 1 yr old! Royal icing held perfectly! I made the actually houses the previous night and we decorated the next  night ❄️ This was my first time making royal icing and made the following recipe both nights. The second night was better than the first and my lesson to share here about making it is to start with less powdered sugar and add more if needed! 

1 pound confectioners sugar
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

In the end they were so beautiful and I was mostly surprised how wonderful my boys turned out. I guess I shouldn't have been, he ᎥᎦ  amazing!, lol! He is only 3 and rocks the minecraft better than I assume many adults do 😋 They all did great though! And it was nice quality family time. 
^ellie, harry, katie, daddy, & mommy^

I, myself, have never made an actual gingerbread house so this was new fun for me too 🎀 I think I will always make a chocolate chip cobblestone wall though! It was sooooo delicious to eat! Ha! Like a super s'more cookie, it was gooood ; )

Hope the holiday is very merry for you too! Happy Christmas ! ❤️💚❤️💚❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment