Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

kooky cake

My baby girl turned 2yrs old yesterday! And she loves the show Wow Wow Wubbzy : ) He is ultra cute, I have to admit : D Last year she loved Yo Gabba Gabba, and I'm already curious what it will be next year : ) . . . I made this cake for my special girl's special day. It was a lot easier than I was anticipating. This is the first time I've ever iced a cake and only my 2nd cake ever!!! : ) So if I can do it, anyone can!

I used a 13x9 inch pan for the cake and made the limbs and tail out of rice krispy treats. http://www.wubbzy.com/ has a printable template you could use of a Wubbzy with a curly tail. It is just cake but I thought it was too small and wasted too much cake so I drew my own templates.

To make the krispy parts I laid wax paper over the templates, and wearing gloves sprayed with cooking oil, I shaped the cereal. The limbs sat over night to be stiffer and I used wooden skewers broken into a couple inches (watch for splinters!) to attach them to the cake that was cut for the ears : )

The face I did freehand, and because I couldn't find black or even chocolate decorating icing I mixed blue, green, and red and used a butter knife : P


Katie, my daughter, is so sweet she even liked her cake : ) We had cake and then opened presents and after that she wanted to see "Wubbzy" again. It made this Momma's day : D




If you'd like to make this, here are the templates I used.



unfortunately, when I saved and printed it from here it was a little smaller than it is supposed to be Wubbzy's body is supposed to be 9inches wide. But they are still here for you : )

No comments:

Post a Comment