Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

sock monkey



I had a very home-made Christmas this last year and enjoyed it so much. Years ago it seemed I always made at least one gift, but it had been a while. And this year I got too much joy from it. I may have to have more homemade Christmases even if finances aren't a factor. : ) One thing I made for my daughter was a sock monkey. Randomly looking for doll patterns online I came across this super simple tutorial. I used a pair of knee highs I found at the dollar store, but you can use an old pair you already have. What is great about this was it so easy, only took a few hours, and it's a great repurposing project with very little waste ( the only part left over is one of the toe ends, so it would be a great way to use a pair of socks with a hole in one of the toes : ).

http://www.craftbits.com/project/sock-monkey


In retrospect, or for another, a cute bow, some flowers, ruffles, or other decoration would be nice to personalize it. Also, I think I should've used white buttons for the eyes for a more friendly face. : ) I probably will use a larger sock size than my own too. The bigger the socks the bigger the monkey : ) men's socks would be cute.... hmmm... if I make another it'll likely be argyle. Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment