Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

balloon shade

Ive grown up thinking these were hideous
 
lol
and the mention of balloon curtain or even valance made me imagine something of the sort.
 
.......but i guess im getting older, broadening my horizons, and letting my taste be swayed because i saw these :
 
and was inspired to dress up the window above my kitchen sink

I googled a tutorial and found this one as easy to understand, not too complicated, or too 'froo froo' heehee
 
Instead of having 3 panels mine is one piece with the rings sewn in place. 
I am SOOO happy with how it turned out! it does release all the way down and could look like a plain panel.  It is Very functional and believe it or not easier to operate daily than regular blinds or fiddling with drapes pushing them aside.
Loving the ease of light in the day and privacy at night... and done so delicately!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment